The Pitman's Journey To Russia

Our journey to adopt three beautiful children from Vladivostok, Russia

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day

OK, OK, OK, we know we have not written anything since we have been home. Sometimes I think the day is so ordinary that there is nothing interesting to write and other days are so crazy that it is too busy to write. The kids are really doing great. AJ, who everyone thinks is just as cute as a bug (which he is), is our biggest trouble maker. He can find trouble and cause trouble with the best of them. He is also our animal lover. He has an abundance of love to give to Bubba and River and they are sometimes not to sure they want all this love! Olivia is as smart as a whip. We started her last week in preschool on Tuesday and Thursday. Last week was great and she went right into class and had a great time but this week she did a 180 and cried both days. I know that she has realized that this is now a routine and she is not sure if she likes it but we will continue and hope that this is just a phase. I think she will be the first to speak English. She is very competitive with Max and can already count to 10 and knows a lot of her ABC’s. She has started to repeat things I say to them when she is talking to her brothers (it is really very funny and takes us by surprise). We tried dance and tumbling at Aunt Angie’s dance studio but she quickly learned that if she cries and throws a fit Mama has to come in. We decided to stop dance right now and wait until the fall session so she does not begin to dread what should be fun. Max is also smart as a whip. He really sits and tries to figure things out and is very eager to learn. It was very cute the other night because they were all in the tub and Max started saying “We love Jesus”. I was so shocked to hear this that I asked him if that was what he was saying and he replied “Dah” and I asked him if he learned that in school and he said “Dah”. In just two weeks he has learned how to write his name, the ABC’s and the important things like loving Jesus. We have gone to church twice and it went really well both times. We plan on getting them baptized in February. We have a snow day today so hopefully I can keep them entertained and out of trouble!

4 comments:

Tracey and Chuck said...

Becky,
It is so great to get an update. I check a few times a day as I have been so curious to see how the kids are doing. I saw the new pics and they are all cute as buttons. I am so so glad to hear that they are doing so well and learning english so quickly. Thanks for the update and the pics. It made my day!!! Hope they enjoy the snow.

Heather said...

Thank you so much for the update. Now I will stop will stop harassing you about not giving us the details of your life. Justin and I are so happy to hear that the kids are adjusting well. We are also glad the snow stayed to the south of us! :o) Keep the posts coming!

debbiemetzger said...

Eric and Becky,

Wow, you have been home a month today. Time really flies on this side of adoption. I am glad to see wrote this blog. Sounds like they are all doing very well and learning the important things first, like loving Jesus. Loved the pictures.

Cindy said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! After four months, Vika still struggles to form the sounds to speak English. I know for sure she will need speech therapy at the six month mark they indicated would be good. And she starts her real preschool at my church next Monday, so that should help. Daycare isn't good for that stuff. I'm just going to think once again that siblings make a world of difference in learning the language both for helping each other as well as that competitive spirit. I'm happy to see your update. Glad things are going so well!

Cindy